Mathematical Captcha, the most simple and effective method
Nowadays it is essential to secure the registration and contact forms of your PrestaShop.
The notoriety of the solution does not leave any more the pirates indifferent and their techniques improve day by day.
This Captcha security module will implement 3 techniques to secure your forms and counter all present and future attacks.
By applying 3 security systems on your forms, you protect yourself from all known attacks to date and certainly from new ones that may appear.
The captcha of this module is a simple mathematical calculation to solve for a human being, but more complex for a robot.
The main advantage of this system is that it is not dependent on any external actor and you keep all your data and those of your customers in your shop, guaranteeing them a total security and legal autonomy.
You will notice that on the registration form, no captcha appears, it seems obvious to me that this form should not contain any constraining or disruptive element that could prevent the registration of your customers. I have therefore implemented 2 additional securities on this form to allow only humans to validate their registration on your shop.
The implementation of the security of the registration form was essential following the massive attack of PrestaShop version 1.7 at the beginning of June 2020. Of course, the security proposed on version 1.7 of PrestaShop is also proposed for all the versions of PrestaShop compatible with my module in order to protect the sites from any new attack.
2.0.1 - 11/22/2021
- Fix a bug affecting some version 1.7 of PrestaShop
2.0.0 - 04/08/2021
- Added an option to enable or disable the Captcha on the contact form
- Added an option to enable or disable the Captcha on the registration form
- Fixed a display defect in backoffice on PrestaShop 1.7
- Improvement of the module performance
1.3.0 - 09/14/2020
- Implementation of an additional level of security on the PrestaShop contact form with display in the Logs of the IP address of the fraudsters.
1.2.0 - 06/05/2020
- Security of the registration form following the attack carried out on PrestaShop 1.7 installations in the world
- Addition of a more precise documentation on the use of this module and of the palletized safeties
1.1.0 - 01/11/2020
- Added more security for the contact form of versions older than 220.127.116.11 of PrestaShop
1.0.0 - 04/27/2018
- Initial commit