This module is designed to be a breeze for non-technical users as well as a versatile tool for thirty bees experts.
- It uses the strategies also used by the popular Git tool, in a fashion easily handleable by merchants.
- One can choose between stable releases and bleeding edge versions.
- Updates are a matter of only a few clicks.
- Before an update happens, the module lists files which are going to be changed.
- Manually edited files get detected and marked in these file lists, so the coding-savy merchant can deal with them before updating.
- Manually edited files also get backed up before they get overwritten.
- Shop downtime for an update has shown to be usually less than a second.
- Downgrades are just as easy as updates. In case the most recent release leaves wishes open.
- One can even do a null-update, for comparing against and restoring to a clean installation.
- All custom shop files, like product images, customer uploads and such stuff get preserved, of course.
- Best of all this: bleeding edge versions get updated in an automated fashion, so even a non-technical merchant can update to a bugfix branch, a few minutes after it was pushed to thirty bees' development repository. No more waiting for the next release or editing code files, just to get a crucial bug fixed immediately.