Brexit UK VAT Management Module
On January 1, 2021, the Brexit, that is, the exit of the United Kingdom from the European Union, was ratified with minimal agreement.
This agreement stipulates the rules for the exchange of goods between the European Union and the United Kingdom.
One of the constraints concerns the management of the different VAT below the threshold of £135 and above.
This module takes care of the particular management for this country.
How it works
During the installation of the module, it will perform several tests and configurations.
Automatically, the module will identify the country United Kingdom in your PrestaShop configuration and make it evolve so that it can accept states, so that these states can be added during the creation of the address by the customer.
The script automatically adds the list of the 4 states making up the United Kingdom, namely :
- Northern Ireland
Of course exclusively in English since it is the official language of customers in this country.
The module also checks the presence of the Pound Sterling and will accompany you if this is not the case.
It also tests the presence of a tax applied on the United Kingdom since below £135 it is necessary to apply the English VAT called VAT UK 20% on fresh installations of PrestaShop or when you import the tax localization pack for the United Kingdom.
Afterwards, the module will manage in real time the amount of orders to the United Kingdom to apply VAT or not.
If you are a trader in the European Union and you sell physical products to the UK, then this module is essential for you.
The EORI number: You cannot export outside the European Union without your EORI. It is a unique community identifier number to complete all customs formalities. The objective is to secure trade entering and leaving the European Union.
Payment of VAT: The goods declared are checked by the customs authorities who issue the document proving the export, which allows you to benefit, if necessary, from the VAT exemption.
For a package worth less than £135 sent by a professional in the European Union, VAT is claimed directly from the sender by British customs. UK recipients of parcels worth more than £135 sent by a professional in the European Union will have to pay VAT.
Any European company carrying out operations subject to VAT in the United Kingdom must register with HMRC to declare its operations and remit English VAT.
CN22 Customs Declaration: The CN22 form is required for shipments of goods weighing up to 2kg and worth up to €425. The document must be attached to the package.
Customs declaration CN23
Form CN23 is required for the shipment of goods weighing more than 2 kg and / or a value of more than 425 €. The CN23 declaration must be attached to the outside of the package, also include a copy in the packaging.
The commercial invoice must be added to each commercial shipment abroad. This commercial invoice is a required customs document that contains information about the contents of the package.
2.0.1 - 05/12/2021
- Improved control of the application of the tax for Roayume-uni
- Correction of some support text
2.0.0 - 03/05/2021
- Adding B2B options
- Withdrawal of VAT for professionals with a valid UK VAT number
- Implementation of the UK VAT number validation process
- Added an option to automatically fill in the company name from the VAT number
- Added explanation to remove the validation error of the module vatnumber developed by PrestaShop
- Display of EORI and VAT number on all United Kingdom invoices
1.8.1 - 03/30/2021
- Code rewriting for 1.7 versions below 220.127.116.11
1.8.0 - 03/22/2021
- Added option to block orders above the defined threshold
1.7.3 - 03/15/2021
- Correction of product tax display on PDF invoice
1.7.2 - 03/04/2021
- Correction to match Prestashop's discounts management
1.7.1 - 02/20/2021
- Fixed a problematic SQL query on some versions 1.6 of PrestaShop
1.7.0 - 02/16/2021
- Correction of the treatment of products having a reduction by amount and not by percentage
- Correction of an unnecessary and problematic optimization on the calculation of taxes for discounted products
- Correction of an error in Spanish translation
1.6.0 - 01/28/2021
- Separation of northern ireland from the united kingdom
- Automatic configuration of the United Kingdom to accept to have states
- Automatic configuration to change the address format of the United Kingdom to request to choose a state
- Automatic state configuration to separate Ireland from the north of the United Kingdom without harming the other provinces
- Added an option to prevent orders below the set threshold to the United Kingdom
1.5.1 - 01/21/2021
- Added an override test if the module is disabled
1.5.0 - 01/16/2021
- Fixed a currency conversion bug
- Fixed a bug on PrestaShop stores that didn't activate the combinations
- Fixed a bug on PrestaShop versions before 18.104.22.168
- Improved cart price calculation on PrestaShop 1.6 versions
- Added an option to disable forced shopping cart refresh on PrestaShop 1.6 versions
1.4.0 - 01/12/2021
- Correction of the treatment of product prices exceeding the limit
1.3.0 - 01/10/2021
- Addition of several tests facilitating the configuration of the module
- Addition of a FAQ answering the main questions I get from the first users of the module
- Added display of UK VAT number and EORI number on all invoices exceeding the registered limit
1.2.0 - 01/08/2021
- Added compatibility with PrestaShop 1.6
1.1.0 - 01/07/2021
- Correction on the calculation of the total basket excluding tax, excluding shipping costs
1.0.0 - 01/05/2021
- Initial commit